Privacy Protection Statement
The product “Circo” (“Device”) is developed by Athentek (“Company”), providing smart positioning services (“Services”, including the device and the application) to protect children and elders’ safety when they are outside.
In order to protect the rights of Application User and Device-wearing User, Company publishes this Privacy Protection Statement according to Personal Data Protection Act of Republic of China (Taiwan). This Statement explains how Company collects, processes and uses the personal information of Application Users and Device-wearing Users. Please read this Privacy Protection Statement carefully, once you start using our Services, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed the content of Privacy Protection Statement.
Please notice that the Services are to provide Application Users to position their children or elders (Device-wearing Users) who are under their custody, guardian, or protection. Application Users shall confirm that they have the right to obtain privacy–related information (location) of Device-wearing Users. Application Users shall also confirm that Device-wearing Users are aware of this Device and the content of this Privacy Protection Statement; or Application Users shall confirm they have the right to read and accept the content of this Statement for Device-wearing Users (For example, Application Users have to be Device-wearing Users’ parents, custodian or guardian).
The Collected Information and the Purpose of Services
- Information of Application Users
- (1) Company needs to obtain the mobile phone of Application User (as account ID), password and mobile device identification code for managing accounts of Application Users.
- (2) Company needs to obtain phone numbers of Application Users’ contacts stored in mobile device for group chat.
- (3) Company needs to obtain Application User’s location (mobile device) for anti-lost positioning setting.
- Information of Device-wearing Users
- (1) Company needs to obtain location of Device-wearing Users for positioning services.
- (2) Company will record each location of Device-wearing User and make a summary for the tracking of Device-wearing User.
- (3) Company will record and analyze the time of lost in positioning and other related information for optimizing service.
- (4) For providing value-added information, Company will collect statistics and analyze the tracks of all Device-wearing Users (for example, in the form of anonymous, giving the numbers and explaining the trend), provided that each Device-wearing User cannot be identified directly or indirectly.
- Company will obtain the information of Application Users and Device-wearing Users only when it is necessary and shall not go beyond the purpose of collecting information. Application Users and Device-wearing Users shall provide the information needed, otherwise, the Services cannot be provided.
The Period of Use, the Area, the Scope, and the Method of Using Information.
Company uses the information of Application Users and Device-wearing Users only within the purpose of collection. If there is need for using information other than the purpose of collection, Company will take measures according to Personal Data Protection Act of Republic of China (Taiwan). For example, Company will obtain additional consent of Application Users and Device-wearing Users.
- Information of Application User
- (1) During the validity period of the account, Company will use the information of Application User, whether he/she is in Republic of China or outside of it.
- (2) Company will use the information of Application User according to the purpose of collecting information. For example, using the phone numbers of Application User’s contacts stored in mobile phone to execute the function of “group chat,” positioning the location of Application User to execute the function of “anti-lost positioning”.
- Information of Device-wearing User
- (1) During the period of wearing the Device, Company will use the information of Device-wearing User, whether he/she is in Republic of China or outside of it.
- (2) Company will use the information of Device-wearing User according to the purpose of collecting information. For example, positioning the location of Device-wearing User and displaying it to Application User, reporting the unconnected situation of Device-wearing User, making a summary of Device-wearing User’s tracks and disclosing it to Application User.
The Rights of Application User and Device-wearing User
The following requests regarding personal information made by Application User or Device-wearing User will not be declined by Company, unless the request is in violation of Personal Data Protection Act or related regulations of Republic of China (Taiwan). Please contact Company’s customer services as follows: (886-2-7721-8990/ email@example.com)
- Any inquiry, request for a review of personal information or any request to make duplications of personal information.
- Any request to supplement or correct the personal information.
- Any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of personal information; and any request to delete the personal information.
- Company will take information security measures meeting standard modern technologies that can be reasonably expected, and ensure the information security of Application User and Device-wearing User.
- Application Users shall keep their Account ID and password in safe custody, and are prohibited to assign, authorize any third party to use their account ID and password logging in the Service. If Application Users cause any damages (including but not limited to damages of Application Users and other users) arising out of the behavior as stated above which can be attributable to the Application Users, Application Users shall bear the sole legal responsibility for the damages.
- Application User shall notice Company immediately if he/she finds or suspects account ID or password to be fraudulently used or improperly used by other people. This clause shall not be used in the interpretation of that Company is liable for the compensation or indemnification.
Modification of Privacy Protection Statement
If Privacy Protection Statement is modified, Company will give notice to Application User through application. Application Users are deemed to have accepted the modified Statement. If Application Users have a doubt about the modified Statement, Application Users shall stop using the Services and deleting the account
Publication Date: (10/26/2015) Privacy Protection Statement1.1